It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:49 pm 

After thinking to my self NYC has a nice network of trails right in the city . State island has wolfe's pond ,Brooklyn has the pump track , Manhattan has Highbridge and Queens has Cunningham . That's 4 of 5 Boros . The 5th Boro actually contains the LARGEST PARK IN NYC. At 2766 acres . Three times the size of Central Park but yet there are zer sanctioned or proposed trails there .

Can we start a petition or motion or whatever has to be done to get this ball rolling

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:30 pm 
New York Times

Sure can, send me your contact info and we can start a Comittee for the Boro. There are others who are interested. In the meantime, have you checked out Mullaly? http://gofundme.com/MULLALY

Dawson@nycmtb.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:22 pm 

Thanks for replying with the mullaly info but a skate park isn't the same .

I emailed you and let's see where this goes :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:52 am 
New York Times

Agreed, nothing like ridding a trail. please pm or email me your availability for a call to discuss next steps.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:55 pm 
New York Times

I'm giving this thread a bump because there have been a number if people asking me about riding options in the Bronx. It's going to take an organized effort of local riders ready to commit to building and maintaining the trails. Van Cortland does not seem like an option because of the trouble with the running trail but never say never. There are other pieces of land that are suitable so as we get organized it will take attending some meetings with the right people to get the ball rolling. Let's hear your thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:01 pm 

I've been issued summonses on a few different occasions at van cortland park . I've also ridden through horse poop .as fun as the wall drop is GL with that

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:12 pm 

I live on Staten Island and I really wish somehow we could get to use High Rock trail system. They have countless trails and some are really nice. I ride them and I've been riding them since I was a kid. I hardly ever see anyone on them. I've been told they are for hikers only. They aren't maintained, well marked and fallen trees and debris on the trails. If they we're open to mtb's than maybe we could go in and help maintain them clean them up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:13 pm 

scooter7728 wrote:
I live on Staten Island and I really wish somehow we could get to use High Rock trail system. They have countless trails and some are really nice. I ride them and I've been riding them since I was a kid. I hardly ever see anyone on them. I've been told they are for hikers only. They aren't maintained, well marked and fallen trees and debris on the trails. If they we're open to mtb's than maybe we could go in and help maintain them clean them up.

That sounds great but this thread is trying to get an actual network in the Bronx . The only born that DOESNT have one . But thanks for that input